If you’re currently working with Preferred Trust Company (PTC) as your custodian, there are several reasons to consider transferring your assets to our other custodial partner, Equity Trust Company (ETC).
Here’s a brief summary of reasons why you might want to make the change, and a step-by-step guide explaining how to make the change.
Preferred Trust Company customers: My BitIRA self-service portal access ending soon
Preferred Trust Company’s technology won’t be able to support the My BitIRA self-service platform effective February 1, 2023. (Note to PTC customers: your custodial relationship with PTC won’t change when this happens – your assets will be stored, protected and administered as before.)
However, you can keep managing your crypto IRA assets (and enjoy an enhanced version of My BitIRA) by changing your custodian from PTC to ETC.
ETC customers have access to the latest version of My BitIRA, which offers:
- Live trading: Trade assets 22 hours a day, 7 days a week in real time.
- Triggered trades: Set up custom rules to create buy and sell orders automatically at price levels you specify.
- Easy reporting: View balances, transactions, historical performance and everything you want to know, available at a glance.
- Deposit: Add funds to your digital IRA any time, day or night.
(These features have been live for some time, though PTC customers haven’t enjoyed the latest version.) PTC customers will lose all My BitIRA access on February 1, 2023.
Even if you don’t take advantage of the upgraded features of the My BitIRA platform, there’s another big reason that a lot of BitIRA customers choose to work with ETC…
Transferring assets from PTC to ETC may save you money
Equity Trust Company charges:
- $0 annual fee
- $0 monthly fee
Preferred Trust Company’s fees are significantly higher…
- $300-$1,000 annual fee
- $300 annual digital currency depository fee
When you transfer custodians from PTC to ETC, you’re saving$600-$1300/year.
Here’s how to transfer your assets from PTC to ETC
If you want to take advantage of Equity Trust Company’s lower fees and access to the full features of the My BitIRA platform, here’s how:
- Contact Preferred Trust Company at (888) 990-7892 or email@example.com and liquidate your current crypto holdings
- Get in touch at (800) 299-1567 and we’ll help you open a new digital IRA with Equity Trust Company
- Then, fund your new digital IRA with a rollover of your funds from PTC
- Your Digital Currency Specialist will help you purchase your selected cryptocurrencies
You’ll receive access to the latest version of My BitIRA for on-demand digital asset management