What Is a Bitcoin Exchange
A cryptocurrency exchange is an online marketplace where investors can buy and sell digital assets (similar to a stock exchange but with digital coins). Of course, one person can send Bitcoin to another directly, but to buy and sell such assets on the market, an investors needs to use an exchange. Crypto exchanges allow transactions from one digital currency to another, as well as to or from different fiat currencies.
Agencies such as the SEC and FINRA are increasingly regulating crypto exchanges. Some exchanges have even voluntarily sought out fully regulated status to adopt a policy of transparency that sets them apart in this nascent industry.
Exchanges charge fees every time a transaction is made. If you’re working with a crypto custodian to buy Bitcoin in your IRA, for instance, there will still be a fee from the exchange. Keep fee structures in mind when choosing a Digital IRA services company.
Buying & Selling Digital Currency for Your IRA
Acquisitions and sales of BitIRA customer digital currency investments are facilitated through one of our partner exchanges. Here are a few reasons why BitIRA has selected its current partner exchange to use on an exclusive basis, and why it stands apart as one of today’s leading digital currency exchanges.
Our exchange partner launched the first U.S. bitcoin trading desk way back in 2013. Since then, they’ve grown to facilitate billions in monthly digital currency trades. Although the exchange typically only accepts clients with $10 million or more in assets, thanks to our partnership you’ll enjoy the same level of service as multimillionaires on every trade, every day.
Our Exchange Benefits
- Full-service digital currency prime broker – Regulated as a securities broker-dealer with the SEC and FINRA.
- Unrivaled Speed – Quotes are stable and transactions are lightning-fast, executed instantly and settled on the next business day.
- Established Experience – Since 2013, they’ve facilitated countless billions of dollars in transactions, backed by a proven computer security team.
- Regulated – Registered as a securities broker-dealer with the SEC and FINRA.
- Institutional-Grade Custody – When you aren’t transacting, the exchange provides cold storage in grade-5 nuclear bunkers that are constantly monitored by on-site guards and computer security specialists. There’s a reason The Telegraph called it, “The Fort Knox of bitcoin.”
- Insured – Your crypto assets are insured for up to $100 million, end-to-end, throughout each transaction.